Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Only You Have the Power


I’m going to try to be a little more positive in this blog compared to my last one. It may not have been the most chipper post but I had a lot of amazing feedback. My last blog touched a lot of people and those people reached out to me. When I hear the positive feedback from all of you readers… it’s what keeps me going. Your kind words and encouragement is what motivates me everyday to keep sharing my story to help more people than I ever thought possible. You are all helping me find the beauty in my everyday life.
On that note, today I want to talk about seeing the beauty in others and finding it within ourselves. We can all admit we’ve said something bad about one person or another, myself included. Easier said than done, we need to stop doing this. What do we gain from tearing other people down? I don’t see the point. Over the course of the last few years I’ve learned what it feels like to not be “enough”. 
I believed what everyone else said and how he or she made me feel about myself. This is why I didn’t feel like I was “enough”. I let negative people and their negative thoughts and words manipulate how I felt about myself. You can’t let other people control how you feel about yourself. You have to do it yourself. You have to believe in yourself and believe you are enough.
You could be struggling with an eating disorder or something as simple as an argument with a friend, a boyfriend, or maybe a family member. Whatever the case may be, we tend to turn to other people to feel better right? We want love and comfort to know we aren’t ridiculous, “crazy”, worthless or not enough, right? So your friends and family proceed to build you up and try and make you feel better... But these amazing things they are saying about you aren’t helping right? It’s because you don’t believe the words being said to you…but yet you’ll believe the negative things people say to you?
Why do we allow people to manipulate how we feel about ourselves negatively but not positively? This is something I have learned. Only I have the power to control how I feel about myself. It’s my choice and my power to pick and choose what I want to believe about myself. I personally know I put other people’s wants and happiness before my own when they are important to me. I know I have amazing goals and accomplishments to be proud of. I know I have an amazing family and friends. It took me while to find all of this and yes, I had people who made the process difficult but I found all of this beauty in my life. I, Johannah found it, no one found it for me and no one is going to take it away from me because I’m not going to give them the power to do so.

Don’t be the person hindering someone’s ability to see and find their own beauty. Be the person who see’s the beauty in everyone and points them in the direction to find it. I challenge you to not believe those negative people, don’t listen to the negative thoughts people put in your mind, and pay more attention to those trying to guide you in finding your own beauty. But just remember; only you have the power to find the beauty within yourself. So go find it.

JohannahMichale 

No comments:

Post a Comment